Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Ukulele Society of America Sing-along

Got this notice forwarded to me and thought the hams who number our membership might appreciate to honor a 102 year old woman in Camarillo.

Because that's what ukulele players do. That's who they are. They're strange animals, indeed. You don't try to change that. You embrace it.

And so:

Greetings!

My grandmother lives in Leisure Village, and will be celebrating her 102nd
birthday the 1st week in March.

My family has asked me to perform a ukulele sing-long for her and the party
guests from all over the country. I will have Powerpoint lyrics and chords
so everyone can join in.

Are there any ukulele players in the Camarillo area who can participate? It
would be a great thrill form my grandmother Mimi if I could surprise her
with a whole ukulele band.

Please email me at ukulele@tx.rr.com if interested, and I can send details.

Thanks again!

No comments: